Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Oak Hill's PGA was outstanding!

My experience at the PGA championship at the Oak Hill Country Club was memorable. It is a great golf course and I enjoyed myself thoroughly. Jason Dufner won the Wanamaker Trophy on Sunday. I went there on Saturday, the day before the final round.

I rented a Fan Vision device. It let me see play on other holes along with the one I was watching. It had something like an 8 second delay, similar to TV broadcasts of hockey games. But it helped out, helped us keep track of who was doing what and the leaderboard. It had the CBS coverage, and 9 greens TV coverage, along with a par 3 hole coverage. Not bad for $20.

Here's some more pictures from that event...





 
photo WanamakerTrophy6_zpsb5b03bf8.jpg
The Wanamaker Trophy won by Jason Dufner.

photo PGA31_zps4d6d4ae0.jpg
VJ Singh on the green as fans follow the action.

photo PGA32_zps009a8af6.jpg

The 15th green is where the fans are voting for the hole placement on the final day of the tournament. The fans are voting for several hole placements on this par 3 hole that has the only real water hazard.

Here's my shots of VJ Singh putting on the hole. He actually put one of his tee shots into the drink.

photo PGA1_zps3d1b78cb.jpg

photo PGA65_zps00f0a630.jpg

photo PGA68_zps6bceeace.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment